• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Make Skype for Business more like Skype

It would be in everyone's best interest if Skype for Business was more like Skype. This is what everyone wants anyway!

1,737 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      9 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Better notification

Need a better way to show notification. I miss messages because I do not see them. These are critical when I work remote. Appears I may not be working when I am!

1,728 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      29 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 1,717 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. FULLSCREEN Presentations

need option to have a true FULLSCREEN, rather than have a presentation occupy roughly 50% of the available viewer's screen space

1,718 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      64 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 1,715 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      66 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Emoji for kebap

We need a emoji for a kebap because pizza already exists.

1,679 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Mute one particular participant only for yourself!

When taking part in a skype for business meeting with a collegue, who is sitting in the same office next to you, you always hear your colleague both "in the real world" and in your headphone. Solution: There should be a possibility to mute one particular participant, so that only you can't hear him/her. A hands-free-device is not an option when you sit in an open space office.

1,589 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      98 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Allow a single window view

Currently it seems there is no option for having a view similar to the original Skype which allows for a view within one window that contains conversation tabs on the left and the selected conversation display to the right. This ability would be ideal.

1,505 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      114 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. pasting Images should appear in chatbox before sending; shouldn't require download request

You should be able to paste an image into the text box without it automatically trying to send(without pressing enter or send first). Additionally, images that you do send should just appear inline in the chat dialog without requiring the receiver to accept the download. This is similar to how sametime works, and is much faster and easier for sharing screenshots/snips.

1,500 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      51 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Remove Ctrl-Enter Keyboard Shortcut

Since Ctrl-Enter is used in Outlook to send email, I'm quite used to using it to send a message. Now in Skype for Business, ctrl-enter tries to start an audio call and it's very frustrating. I'm trying to break myself of the habit, but until then, I keep making calls accidentally.

1,457 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      147 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Enhance idle/away settings for Mac

Please allow Skype for Business for Mac users to adjust the amount of time it takes for the status to appear as "away" when the computer is idle, or to turn that feature off completely. Sometimes, my job entails reviewing hard copy documents. I may not be using my computer, but I am still working (and available). I would like to be able to adjust this setting or turn it off. It looks like this is an option for PC. Why not Mac?

1,411 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      62 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Hide / Remove "mobile status" when using Skype on mobile (eg.Android)

Either:
      1) Please remove this feature that shows that I'm connected through mobile on Skype.
      OR better option:
      2) Please allow to permanent status - so once, I set the status message it will be kept until I change it again (automatic status change should be optional only!)

Thanks for voting, and thanks for the implementation!

1,333 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      30 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Stop bringing in text formatting on paste!

Stop bringing in text formatting! I always want to just paste in plain text. copy+paste from emails with white text are invisible, eg

1,309 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Allow removal Skype Meeting from Outlook Meeting invitation

In Outlook once you add a Skype meeting you are unable to remove the Skype Meeting. You either have to cancel or use a very kluge workaround. Please fix!

1,289 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      96 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. End-To-End HD Voice Quality

Please introduce the HD voice (G.722 codec) also for calls/conferences with non-Skype users, this would improve the speech quality a lot and help especially in cases when people try to understand a language they don't natively speak, which is a frequent scenario in today's international working environment.
      Furthermore, Skype for Business very often is deployed in a network operator's infrastructure that supports end-to-end HD voice quality with G.722, why should a break-in or break-out call worsen the speech quality if better is possible? After all, G.722 is already available in Skype and free of any license costs.

1,284 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      23 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Live stopwatch or countdown timer for meetings

In virtual meetings, it would be great to have a timer function that everyone could see. For example, "write down as many ideas as you can in 60 seconds"and it would show the countdown on the screen (preferably with buzzer or sound at the end).

1,285 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      86 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Add a "rise your hand" icon in SfB meetings.

Specificly in large meetings when someone want to say anything.

1,187 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      42 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Allow spaces in path links

Many times working in my team in the office and other sites I have to send them a link to a mapped server drive or a UNC path. If either of these contain a space then the link which automatically changes into a hyperlink breaks only works up until the first part of the space.

\someserver\firstpath\second path\file.docx
      D:\firstpath\second path\file.docx

In Outlook it does the same until you put the link with spaces in quotes then it converts the whole link to a hyperlink

"\someserver\firstpath\second path\file.docx"
      "Z:\firstpath\second path\file.docx"

I have tried in Skype to surround links with spaces in with quotes,…

1,183 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      104 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Blur Video Background

I would like to blur my video background as you can in Teams, https://youtu.be/-wCyq9oll_o.

1,138 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      186 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Increase the emoji skin tone options

Please increase the skin tone options for emojis to go beyond just pale skin tones, particularly for the thumbs up and similar. I can't believe I have to even suggest this...really, no one thought about this?

1,101 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      118 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base