• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. 1,657 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: facebook google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      66 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Enter for newline, Ctrl-Enter to send message

In a multi-line input field you would expect the Enter key to make a newline, and Ctrl-Enter to send the message. This is common in many other chat clients and Outlook works this way too. I think this behavior should be default, or at least something you can select.

1,635 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      57 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. persistent chat feature on mobile

Persistent Chat feature should be available

1,531 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      61 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. pasting Images should appear in chatbox before sending; shouldn't require download request

You should be able to paste an image into the text box without it automatically trying to send(without pressing enter or send first). Additionally, images that you do send should just appear inline in the chat dialog without requiring the receiver to accept the download. This is similar to how sametime works, and is much faster and easier for sharing screenshots/snips.

1,485 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      48 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Allow a single window view

Currently it seems there is no option for having a view similar to the original Skype which allows for a view within one window that contains conversation tabs on the left and the selected conversation display to the right. This ability would be ideal.

1,389 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      103 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Stop bringing in text formatting on paste!

Stop bringing in text formatting! I always want to just paste in plain text. copy+paste from emails with white text are invisible, eg

1,287 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. End-To-End HD Voice Quality

Please introduce the HD voice (G.722 codec) also for calls/conferences with non-Skype users, this would improve the speech quality a lot and help especially in cases when people try to understand a language they don't natively speak, which is a frequent scenario in today's international working environment.
      Furthermore, Skype for Business very often is deployed in a network operator's infrastructure that supports end-to-end HD voice quality with G.722, why should a break-in or break-out call worsen the speech quality if better is possible? After all, G.722 is already available in Skype and free of any license costs.

1,274 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      23 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Mute one particular participant only for yourself!

When taking part in a skype for business meeting with a collegue, who is sitting in the same office next to you, you always hear your colleague both "in the real world" and in your headphone. Solution: There should be a possibility to mute one particular participant, so that only you can't hear him/her. A hands-free-device is not an option when you sit in an open space office.

1,253 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      74 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Hide / Remove "mobile status" when using Skype on mobile (eg.Android)

Either:
      1) Please remove this feature that shows that I'm connected through mobile on Skype.
      OR better option:
      2) Please allow to permanent status - so once, I set the status message it will be kept until I change it again (automatic status change should be optional only!)

Thanks for voting, and thanks for the implementation!

1,165 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      27 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Allow removal Skype Meeting from Outlook Meeting invitation

In Outlook once you add a Skype meeting you are unable to remove the Skype Meeting. You either have to cancel or use a very kluge workaround. Please fix!

1,096 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      82 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Allow spaces in path links

Many times working in my team in the office and other sites I have to send them a link to a mapped server drive or a UNC path. If either of these contain a space then the link which automatically changes into a hyperlink breaks only works up until the first part of the space.

\\someserver\firstpath\second path\file.docx
      D:\firstpath\second path\file.docx

In Outlook it does the same until you put the link with spaces in quotes then it converts the whole link to a hyperlink

"\\someserver\firstpath\second path\file.docx"
      "Z:\firstpath\second path\file.docx"

I have tried in Skype to surround links with spaces in with quotes,…

1,091 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      97 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Remove Ctrl-Enter Keyboard Shortcut

Since Ctrl-Enter is used in Outlook to send email, I'm quite used to using it to send a message. Now in Skype for Business, ctrl-enter tries to start an audio call and it's very frustrating. I'm trying to break myself of the habit, but until then, I keep making calls accidentally.

1,057 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      100 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Fix the History. Do NOT move my messages out of my contacts chat window. You are causing our whole team to lose messages

Fix the History!!! Do NOT move my messages out of my contacts chat window. You are causing our whole team to lose messages because we dont see them under the contact and have to either switch to Outlook (bad idea) or flip through tabs to know we missed a message... especially if we dont happen to see the notification. Seeing messages and history should not be this complicated. If you want to integrate with Outlook, then COPY the message... do not MOVE it!! Also, I have noticed that if I disable the "Move to Conversation History" option, then my history…

1,019 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. When a user is in a meeting, messages should be queued (or just not pop-up a window) instead of not delivered

When a user is in a meeting, messages are blocked... which is fine up to a point. The messages should be either queued or just delivered without appearing a pop-up/notification. When the user leaves the meeting, then he would get a notification.
      This way, the conversation would not be lost.

1,017 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Add a "rise your hand" icon in SfB meetings.

Specificly in large meetings when someone want to say anything.

1,010 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      29 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. No Way

a "No Way" emoji

1,008 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Improve Per-Monitor DPI Experience

Skype for Business does not do well in a multiple monitor configuration where the monitors have different DPIs. I am assuming it uses system DPI awareness rather than per-monitor, which was added in Windows 8.1. (See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn469266(v=vs.85).aspx)

The problem is that, depending on when I log in, it either will be INSCRUTABLY SMALL on my laptop high DPI monitor or COMICALLY GARGANTUAN on my standard DPI monitor.

I expect more from flagship Microsoft products. This is a pretty basic thing to get right. Should be a must-be in the Kano model of PM. :)

1,000 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      53 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Integrate Bitmoji with Skype for Business

Being able to integrate our bitmoji profile with skype for business :)

970 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      30 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Enable screen sharing to Consumer Skype Users

Please allow Skype for Business users to share their screen with consumer Skype users. Many people use their personal Skype account for business activities and it's a real limitation of SfB to not be able to share a screen with them.

945 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      62 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Lot of wastage of screen real estate

Lot of wastage of screen real estate which is an important factor for people working on small screen laptops like me.
      1. Call controls at the bottom can be merged next to the contact name.
      2. Space between each message can be reduced and default font can be improved
      3. Time stamp can be merged below the contact icon
      4. All fonts are too small to read.. definite recipe to get blind or eye strain

944 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      18 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base