• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: facebook google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Recordings from Business Calls with transcript created would help a lot and make the business meetings and follow up a lot more productive

Recordings from Business Calls with transcript created would help a lot and make the business meetings and follow up a lot more productive

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. On the mobile app My groups are not importing as setup in my desktop app.

On the mobile app My groups are not importing as setup in my desktop app. Can they sync to look the same across mobile and desktop applications?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Amber alert is not visible when Chat windows get stacked up on taskbar

When multiple chat windows gets stacked up on Taskbar and if some one sends you a message in a existing chat the Amber light/alert is not shown or blinked in the taskbar. We don't know if someone is messaging us until we click on the stack and see the light there. Sound alert works find though.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Can't type ( in status

Is it just me, or can you not type a ( in the custom status field?

I'm running v16.0.7127.1021 32bit on two different PCs and neither of them can type a ( into the status.

I haven't found any other characters to be a problem, though I haven't conducted exhaustive tests.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. E.164 Meeting Invites for PSTN

Join by Phone
      Toll number: 4969710414869

but why?

The correct format is +49 (69) 710414869 OR +49-69-710414869 OR 004969710414869 (in Europe).

When the user (none IT :)) try to dial the number 4969710414869 it will be failed!

Also the link under the number is wrong: tel:4969710414869

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. INTEGRATING WITH OUTLOOK CALENDERS

INTEGRATING OUTLOOK MEETING AND TO DO LIST

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. When someone calls AA and enters DTMF then the call should transfer to user's number in users AD/GAL regardless of user's availability

Currently it seems that AA will only transfer to users that are logged into SFB and marked "available". This is akin to not sending an email unless someone is logged into Outlook. The real kicker is that when transfer fails AA forwards to Operator. If the Operator isn't logged in and "available" then AA just says "wish I could help" and disconnects. That is not an enterprise phone system behavior.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Highlight the active chat person from list

Consider that I am having conversation with 5-6 people, I feel that when I am typing for particular person in list, his name should be highlighted in the list at the left of the chat window so that it will avoid typing message to wrong person at wrong time.
      Also I would always be clear whom I am typing to.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Remove the Buffer gap of updating meeting of 4 hours

adjust the updating of meeting times from 4 hour buffer

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. i feel my phone use very hot

i see "skype" latest version on iphone . i trigger camera -> i closed camera. but i feel my phone use very hot , maybe it still activity

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. u ask 4 feedback - but then there is no way to give it???

Wheres the feedback posting capability - guessing u'd get a long list of it on the ****

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. If I'm away from my desk and miss a message, it stops flashing too soon and I end up not seeing it. Keep them flashing/maximized.

If I'm away from my desk and miss a message, it stops flashing too soon and I end up not seeing it. Keep them flashing/maximized.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Show a caption of the URL when someone sends

When a person I am chatting with sends me a url, show a caption of the url or some info about it on the chat before I open it, this can also be a great feature on email.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Phone App vs PC communication

The Phone APP to PC Communication is terrible. I will get messages on my app and when I return to my PC the chat history isn't there or it creates a conversation for each response that was sent or received. A lot of our work is constant mobile to PC so the compatibility is very important.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Split the enablement of Audio and Video in mobiles

Change the mobility policy setting 'EnableIPAudioVideo' from one setting to one for Video and one for audio.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Need a new icon for asking folks in group to go to lunch

Like tea and coffee icons there should be dinner and snacks options .Snacks are more useful than pizza or banana or any other emonji

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base