• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Make Sype chats save, so when you close the chat, it will pop back up when, you receive a reply.

Have Skype remember your messages, So when you close your chat, and receive a reply, You can see the chat history.

2,572 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: facebook google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Persistent Chat in Office 365

Persistent Chat is only available in Skype for Business Server. It should be available in Office 365 / Skype for Business Online, too.

2,520 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      80 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Support for Apple AirPods

Skype does not support AirPods on Windows or Mac effectively. Users are reportedly either unable to speak to the other caller but can hear them, or unable hear the other callers but speak to them.

2,429 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      241 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Option to change color/theme

Option to change color/theme

2,326 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      46 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. More emojis! : )

Love you new emojis, but we need an even bigger selection!

2,304 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      15 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. PLEASE CREATE A DARK THEME MY FACE HURTS

DARK THEMES PLEASE. MY FACE HURTS

2,223 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. the ability to make permanant chat rooms or groups

having the ability to create rooms or groups for specific topics/projects would be very useful. eg. create room > add people > set topic and so on...

2,181 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      42 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Stop screen share automatically when the voice call ends.

When I end a voice call where I've been sharing my screen I'd like the screen share to stop, or at least Skype to alert me that it is still sharing. There is a very serious risk of the previous caller seeing something sensitive or confidential because the screen share is still running.

2,157 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      45 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Send SMS from Skype for business to mobile

It will be nice if we have an additional feature added to Skype for business , Through which we can send SMS to mobile phone from skype for business client.

2,117 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      115 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      v-warwri responded

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and the great discussion here! We would like to learn more about how you leverage SMS as part of your business communication today. We’d highly appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to fill this short survey.

https://aka.ms/smssurvey

Thank you!
      -Warren

10. Allow Remote Control of Shared Screen in Mac Skype for Business Client

Please include the ability for Mac users to remotely control a shared screen similar to the functionality Windows client users have today.

2,064 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      120 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Title your conversation

When looking through conversations with peers, it would be useful to name or title a conversation relating to a task or project for example. This would help to recall conversations in a hurry, and pick up on old ones.

*This should be an optional feature*

1,935 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      129 comments  ·  Manageability - Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Export a list of meeting attendees.

Why is there not an easy method to export a list of meeting attendees? It would be very helpful if, at the end of a meeting, the organizer would get a report of who joined, when they joined, and when they left. This is the most requested feature in my large organization. It seems simple.

1,903 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      138 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Add option to disable "Automatically adjust microphone settings" in Skype for Business client.

Need the option to disable the "Automatically adjust microphone settings" in Skype for Business client.
      This option is available in "Skype" but not "Skype for Business".
      This is needed if you use SfB in a noisy or call center environment.

If you use SfB certified headsets with the best microphone noise cancellation it made useless, since the volume is adjusted in windows sound settings automatically by SfB.

This is really bad and unworkable scenario in call center(RGS) environment when the microphone level auto adjust when you make SfB calls, the clients clearly hears all the adjacent agents speak.

1,888 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      90 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. 1,756 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      72 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Request to take control for helpdesk

We have deployed Lync across the company and we want to use it for HelpDesk to shadow users. It would be great for a way to 'take control' of the user's PC without the end user having to initiate it (ie. HelpDesk should initiate the control request and the end user would just see an 'accept/decline' popup)

1,742 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      15 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Make Skype for Business more like Skype

It would be in everyone's best interest if Skype for Business was more like Skype. This is what everyone wants anyway!

1,736 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Better notification

Need a better way to show notification. I miss messages because I do not see them. These are critical when I work remote. Appears I may not be working when I am!

1,719 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      29 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. 1,717 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. FULLSCREEN Presentations

need option to have a true FULLSCREEN, rather than have a presentation occupy roughly 50% of the available viewer's screen space

1,698 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      62 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Emoji for kebap

We need a emoji for a kebap because pizza already exists.

1,679 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base