• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add screen capturing feature

Copy/paste feature is a rather lengthy process. Adding a simple screen capture feature to the tools (such as attaching files, emoticons, etc) would be very helpful when needing quick discussions and actions.

10,111 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      130 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Add GIFs

Add option to save and send GIFs besides smileys and emoticons. Lotus Sametime has GIFs and it is one of it's best features.

6,170 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      53 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Save and send an IM when someone is offline. Sometimes you don’t want to send an email or you want to say something like “give me a call when you get in”. Having to ability to send an IM to someone offline that would “Auto send” once they come online would be useful. Especially when working with people around the world.

3,181 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Add “Be back around XX:XX”.

Add “Be back around XX:XX”. It would be nice to have an option for “Be back around XX:XX” under my status where you could specify the time you will be back. If I look someone up and their status is be right back, I have no idea how long they have been away and when “right back” will actually be. People have a tendency to change their status back to Available when they return so one never knows. The function to state a time and have it go back to available automatically would be very useful, IMHO.

3,155 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 579 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      46 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. conversation history search

Bring back the conversation search like Skype Public has.

For example if I know that I got an IP address off of a co-worked, I should be able to go to a chat window of this person and search with keywords so that I can find it again.

Why has this feature been removed? I use it almost daily in Skype Public, or any other UC tool.
      Right now I have to try remember a date range of when it was discussed and go into each chat history separately to find it, and worse even is I can't search within…

561 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. chat history

Chat History should be stored in the Skype. Suppose I closed a chat window, I open chat window again. I want to see my previous conversation very easy way. So introduce Chat History Option in the chat window, That should show all the chat history information based on the date. So that will help me to get my old chat informations to everyone.

533 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      18 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Allow multiple log-in or multiple users

Allow two log-in's from two user names, or allow multiple instances of SfB open (with differing log-in's).

478 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      20 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Group and contact sharing

Allow someone to share the premade groups/contacts. I work in an office and we have 15 different facilities. I created a "group" for each of these facilities with each contact from that facility in that "group." I want to be able to share my group and contact settings so everyone does not need to create all these groups on their own. Simply upload and have all the contacts and groups on their skype for business contacts.

406 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      16 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Make It single log in with Outlook.

Make It single log in with outlook So that When we log in to outlook we will directly connected to Skype. And add disable option for those who do not want to be connected directly in one go .

385 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Automatically add all/some contacts from within your own organisation.

The ability to move all of our users over to Skype for business away from Skype is really hindered by the fact no one will have each other added. The only way we can see this working out is if everyone manually adds each other after signing in.

There really should be a way to find all users within your organisation so you can tick who you wish to add, or just a "Select all" tick to add every one.

External addresses could be added from this point on wards.

368 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Allow user to set a default Status of their choosing

Allow user to set a default Status of their choice, such as "Do Not Disturb" I keep setting Status to Do Not Disturb and Skype keeps changing it to "Available". I use Skype for conf calls, but not for chatting so want a permanent Status indicator of "Do Not Disturb"

336 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      47 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Return of traditional skypeid instead of CID-(-xxxxxx...)@outlook.com for skype accounts without MS account association

SIP addresses of all consumer skype contacts without MS account association turned into CID-(-xxxxxx...)@outlook.com.
      This is an absolutelt unusable format. Please return the format to traditional skypeid which can be something like skypeid@skypeids.net

291 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      12 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. ability to pause Skype for Business presentation mode

It would be nice to have the ability to freeze the display as the presenter so that I can control exactly what meeting participants can see. If I need to navigate in a file structure to open another file I want to do this in the background so it's not visible, then when I have it properly set up for display, unfreeze the display to seamlessly switch to the new view.

275 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      13 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Possibility to share a screenshot or a part (window) of your screen

Possibility to share a screenshot or a part (window) of your screen

256 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Convert sefautil.exe to standard shell cmdlets.

Sefautil is a nice tool for configuring call forwarding, delegates, group call pickup, etc. But it's quirky, lacks good reporting and error handling, and just plain difficult if you don't use it often. Having standard cmdlets to perform these tasks would be a blessing.

206 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Turn off Availability Alerts

It can be handy to have availability alerts if you are waiting for one person in particular, but I would like to have the option to turn off notifications alerting me when each person becomes available.

205 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      15 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. 208 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. create a 'compact' view option in IM set up - more content in less space - both contact list and message section

Asana recently added a compact view to view more content - same idea but for the IM communication in Skype - reduce space and window size

201 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      16 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Conversation History

There is no way to retrieve conversation history with this messenger. The outlook messenger kept a continuous history in outlook itself, as well as your recent conversation when you opened an IM to someone you were having a conversation with that day.

198 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base