• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add the Standard Edition Front End Role to Skype for Business 2019

It was announced at Microsoft Ignite 2017 that there would be no Standard Edition Front End role in Skype for Business 2019. Enterprise Edition using a full SQL back end will be the only option going forward. While this is a clear pain point for many small and medium sized organizations, even very large organizations use Standard Edition server in branches and offices where survivable branch options do not provide enough functionality. I would like to see the Standard server live on to meet this smaller footprint need.

527 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2. Administratively Publish Groups to Users Contact Lists

365 Admins should be able to publish contact list groups containing predefined sets of users. For example a group of users in a branch office would be a member of a group and the admin would push that group list to the entire enterprise.

178 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. implement pool failover for ucma applications (and all integrated functionality)

today pool failover only works for users. all other stuff especially 3rd party contact center or attendant solutions fail in case their home pool becomes unavailable.

105 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. make pool failover automatic

in case a paired pool fails the failover process should start automatically

97 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 64 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Skype Easy Move

It's a huge problem getting people to switch from Skype to Skype for Business. People are using Skype to communicate with external users (clients, distributors, etc.). It's great that Skype for B. can now connect to normal Skype. However, people will just not sit there searching and adding all their Skype contact lists to the new Skype for B., and then wait to be approved by the other side... No one wants to do it. So, every one keeps using their normal Skype account.

It would be extremely helpful to have an EASY TRANSFER option to transfer your normal Skype…

59 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Schedule your status

Make an option to schedule your status as online according to your working hours.

56 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Ability to GAL Segmentation inSkype For Business - Address Book

I have several domains sync to my tenant, today I cannot separate the address book base on my domain, I would like to have the ability to do address book segmentation, I'm able to do this in office 365, would be great to have better control on the address book that I provide my users.

39 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Screen Shot option should be enabled in Skype for Business.

Screen Shot option should be enabled in Skype for Business.

38 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Add features for persistant chat! Have similar setup like slack and have channels.

Our company currently uses Slack and Free Skype. We would like to merge to one tool only. I would like to switch to Skype for Business. The main reason for Slack use is for the channels and having static chat rooms per department. It would be nice to see this type of feature in Skype for Business.

36 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. improve windows fabric to address loose of two server at same time

Lync 2013/SfB servers in a pool form routing groups of three servers each - if two servers of a single routing group fail at same time the whole routing group become unavailable - even enough servers in a pool still online. this is really hard to understand and explain - in case there are enough servers available for routing group hydration they should become part of routing group automatically and routing group should go online without admin acton (need to run quorum loss recovery now)

35 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. You shouldnt be able to sign into multiple devices simultaneously.

You shouldn't be able to sign into multiple devices simultaneously.

Currently I am logged in on my development surface, my workstation in the office and on my phone. Sometimes I get a message on my cell phone but not on my desktop. Or if I see the message show up on my phone and I try to respond on my surface the end user says it just sends them emails and not an I'm. Also skype calls ring where it wants and not on the device I'm actually using.

33 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Need an option to change sequence in Call queues

We can added group in Call queue, however it does not allow us to set sequence for Agents

32 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Create an all user installer for Skype Meeting App

I cannot install the Skype Meeting App as a regular user. I can switch to my admin account to install the app but it only installs for that user account. If it could be installed for all users this would be much easier to manage as it could be done while imaging.

31 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. SFB 2019 Enterprise Pool with two nodes not possible in Topology Builder

I am trying to deploy the new SFB2019 in my lab. For testing purposes, my SFB2015 lab was a 2-node Enterprise Pool. Microsoft has always recommended a 3 node pool, but two nodes is allowed and works.

Now I am trying to build a two node SFB 2019 Enterprise Pool, but the Topology Builder says:

• Two computers are not supported in Front End and Director pools. At least one or three and more computers are required.
      • Registrar:fepool2019.pod5.local

I cannot find this change anywhere in the SFB2019 documentation. We actually have customers running a 2 node pool for basic…

30 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. "Working Elsewhere" Status according to Calendar

For people on the road (especially consultants), the "working elsewhere" status in the calendar will default Skype for Business as "Available". However, working Elsewhere does not necessarily meant that you are available. It would be great to add another status to Skype for Business to represent the "Working Elsewhere" properly.

24 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Enable the option to customise skypename

As skype had earlier before it joined microsoft, users can get ltheir custom skype name,
      This can help to contact worldwide people wethout sharing personal email address.
      By keeping mails away from others we can protect it from spam.

24 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. When two people call each other simultaneously, just connect the calls automatically.

Really often me and my teammates end up calling each other at the same instant. Due to this there's a bit of a lag and often we both end up disconnecting our call attempt to answer the other persons call. If we just connected to each other, it would really speed things up.

19 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Make an acknowledgement Delivered/Read or Ignore

Try to giving an acknowledgement to the sender for the sent message has been Delivered/Read or Ignore by the receiver.

18 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Support for multi-national corporations

Customers want the ability have users in a given region, hit a local datacenter for services. For example a user in North America will experience latency and poor performance if they are required to use services in Europe

18 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base