• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. When entering a meeting you should be able to see the history of the chat

When adding people to a meeting conversation, they should be able to see the history of the conversation, when I add people it's blank for them

3,389 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      24 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Push to talk option and keymapping for Skype for Business.

Have a push to talk option for Skype for Business audio meetings. This would allow people to chew/drink without the entire meeting full of people hearing it.

Likewise add a key mapping feature for this option. This way any keyboard key could be used to toggle talk on and off. Talk would be off by default and would be toggled on with the keyboard key. A double tap could lock the talk feature on or off depending on it's previous state.

892 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      35 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Requesting entry and exit tones apply to all Conference participants regardless of modality

Requesting entry and exit tones apply to all Conference participants, regardless of modality. This is to address gap in blended experience.

666 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      76 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Allow presentations to be viewed and listened to without requiring a Mic/Webcam, and instead allow speakers only.

Allow presentations to be viewed and listened to without requiring a Mic/Webcam, and instead allow speakers only. There are situations where a presenter needs to present to several end-users, and they only need to listen to the presentation, so to require a mic or webcam be present stops that from happening. Could a change be made so that if speakers are present, they could still listen?

580 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Provide a test call endpoint, like the echo123 service from Skype

Would allow users to test their audio setup in advance of a call, in a much friendly way than stabbing through the Audio Devices pane under Options.

355 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      17 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. 287 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      15 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Auto-dial line for Conference Call Meetings

When creating a Skype Meeting from within Outlook, the location is automatically set to simply "Skype Meeting." I would like to add in auto-dial information next to this automatically in the below format to handle the users' dynamic conference IDs. This will allow cellphone users without the Skype for Business app to simply click the link in their calendar and completely dial into the meeting. Thank you for your help!
      Bill

Meeting Subject:
      Skype Meeting - <Dial-In Number>,<Conference ID>#

172 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      14 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. When someone calls into a Skype Meeting, I think it should make a beep on the call so you know someone joined.

When someone calls into a Skype Meeting, I think it should make a beep on the call so you know someone joined.

134 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Add logs for online meeting in Skype Admin

Add a feature or log report that admin can check who ended the meeting in Skype for Business.

123 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Provide option to record AUDIO ONLY

Currently recording option does video and audio, both which makes the files very huge and difficult to share. Sometimes we use the meeting for conversation only and recording the same make the file huge. So PLEASE provide an additional option to record 'Audio Only'

122 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      10 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Voice to text for deaf and hard of hearing users

Create a feature that allows individuals with hearing loss to use voice to text services while communicating on skype. In other words, like a close captioning service for skype. This would be great for business users participating in conference meetings.

118 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Bluetooth headphones are not working

Using my bluetooth headphones as mic and speakers makes Skype to crash. I can configure them on the options menu, but as soon as I receive a call everything stops working.

121 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      28 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Skype for Business Meetings should provide an easy option to add the ability for participants to call a local skype landline 4 conferencing

Instead of engaging third party conference call providers, Microsoft should add an easy option to any Skype for Business Meeting to allow participants to call a Skype local landline in their country to join the audio conference. This would ensure reliability of the audio quality.

104 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Mute Users only for You and Not Call

Sometimes we have meetings where two of us might be in the same room but need to use our headsets. It would be nice if I could mute the guy behind me in the call so I don't hear him twice. If I go to mute him now, it mutes him for everyone in the call. You should be able to mute people and it only affect you.

88 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Show audio levels so that user has awareness of "hot mic"

Show the audio level of my voice in the UI. Some sort of meter that gives me real time feedback on how high my current input levels are. This would help:
      1) Let me know that my sensitivity is at an appropriate level
      2) Let me know if my mic is hot and help me avoid breathing/coughing into the mic

In the latter case, its far too often that I'm in a conference call and we have to police each other for hot mics since inevitably someone left themselves unmuted. There should be a more obvious indication in the UI…

80 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Ability to choose to auto record a Skype For Business Meeting when creating a meeting.

Ability to choose to auto record a Skype For Business Meeting when creating a meeting. This can add a notice on the meeting that the meeting will be recorded.

78 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. In a meeting, it would be helpful to tell who is speaking in the participants tab

Some type of indication regarding who is speaking - bolding, microphone color,...

78 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Disable Call Me At feature

Disable Call Me At feature for all created meetings in Skype for Business Online. Based on Service Request: 618021993148183

67 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Skype for Business - Mispronounces Name

Skype for Business voice module always mispronounces name when I enter a meeting. There should be a phonetic pronunciation form that will alter how the module pronounces your name.

63 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Sharing audios and videos

Hello, I am language teacher and I use Skype for Business for online teachiong, so I recommend to develop the sharing audios and videos with high quality,because now I am sending the links to the students , each ones from youtube , for example ,please, Many Thanks . I love Microsoft solutions

62 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base