• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. We need .gif support in Skype for Business

We need .gif support in Skype for Business

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. We've just moved to Skype for Business, and it's not good.

We needed to move to Skype for Business for a number of reasons, GDPR and user management being two of those.

Unlike regular Skype, chats are a complete and utter disaster, bits and pieces of conversations end up everywhere, full conversations might happen on one device and only some or none of it appears on the user's other devices. Users want to see their actual chats let alone having the option of one endless chat (which is a highly requested feature). People are missing messages from each other which is outrageous and unacceptable.

You cannot search in chats in SfB…

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Selected online, only be online for a selected group, like only superiors or friends

Selected online, only be online for a selected group, like only superiors or friends.
      When you're at a client you might only want to be online for your superiors or people you want to casually talk to instead of everyone else who will ask for stuff that you dont have time for when at a client

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Skype for Business para Smart TV

Recentemente iniciei um projeto de modernizar as salas de reunião da matriz e filiais da empresa, ao realizar uma analise de preço entre empresas de vídeo conferencia notei que o auto custo do investimento.
      Cheguei então as Smart TVs com Skype, o investimento é relativamente barato, pois necessita apenas do aparelho compatível com uma câmera, a câmera e uma conexão com a internet. Em meu caso que utilizo o Skype for Business idealizei a seguinte estrutura: todas as salas com uma Smart TV e câmera e uma conta Skype for Business, a facilidade de reunir seria extrema dispensando o uso…

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Third party dial-in conferencing Providers

A.s the current list of third party dial-in providers is very limited and not easily added, unless the provider works with Microsoft to become a recommended provider.

We would suggest that a customizable section be added to the management for Office 365 Skype for Business admin center.

Have the Import/Export feature allow data that is customizable as well as a custom area similar or added to the Meeting Invitation setup. This way when a user clicks on Skype Meeting from their Outlook client all the proper information for a 3rd party conferencing solution will be added to the meeting request.…

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Photo Icon

It would be good if you could make the photo icon to show whether the contact person is Male or female when the photo is not updated.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. the ability to erase emoji as a reaction on a message

I wish I had the option to delete emoji as a reaction on a message. You can edit the message but you can't edit the reaction to the message.
      if I made a mistake or regrat the emoji I added I can't change it. it's annoying sometimes.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Itz Too Heavy...

I don't Know why this tool is so heavy and slow??

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Group Video Conferance in Skype for buisiness to Personal Skype

Group Video Conference calls in Skype for business to Personal Skype: These days HR keeps asking us to find a solution that she and one our manager do video call with personal Skype. this option is not available now.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Application not Passing the traffice to Local Proxy,

Please make an options for Local Proxy options as how the old skype had. This is creating security violation and do not pass the traffic to local Proxy. This is violating security feature enabling traffic to firewall with Public pools..

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Make Meetings Tab more effective

Hi, Is there a way you can think of to make Meetings tab that you provided on Skype for Business more effective by -

Giving right click options to cancel or modify the meeting from there
      Giving left click option to join or go to the calendar app from there
      Giving an option to look future calendars

Thanks for listening!!

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. There should be a way to disable the flashing notification when one is in a group chat. It's distracting.

At my job I need to stay in group chats in case I need to "bounce questions off of people", however when I'm not "bouncing questions" I don't wish to have the constant flashing during others' portions of the conversation, which do not apply to me. Thanks!

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. list last 10 people to whom we have recently talk this can be user configurable

when we open up the Skype for business app it should list the last 10 (or may be a few) number of people to whom we have talk recently.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. on the original skype verison, you have the ability to send video messages, on the business verison, unable to send video messages.

on the original skype version, you have the ability to send video messages, on the business version, unable to send video messages.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Add more stickers ( as we are using on hike messenger )

Add more stickers ( as we are using on hike messenger )

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Ability to add email attachments directly in chat window

I think it is good to have a attach email option directly within chat window where we can share emails for context purposes.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. skype should include screen shot (selective area in windows ) like IBM same time

skype should include screen shot (selective area in windows ) like IBM same time

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Reconnect with settings

In the cases of connection drop out, there should be the ability to reconnect with the settings of the lost conversation. ie screen sharing, user control, video size etc.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. API for scheduling will be good

My developer is using the Skype for Business App SDK (Android edition). While doing so, realise that there isnt a scheduling API to use.

Wonder will there be an api for these or how i can make use of the new Office 365 booking to do it.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Screen Capture

Jabber has a feature to send a screen capture. Can we enable the same in SFB.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base