• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Skype for Business mobile SDK should be able to view shared desktops

This feature is missing from current releases of the mobile SDK.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Audio button is disabled for PPT presentation attached video with SFB client on RDS/Citrix XenDesktop server

Audio button is disabled for PPT presentation attached video with SFB client on RDS/Citrix XenDesktop server. It is working normally on PC client, But we know it is known issue that audio could not be enabled for video attached in PPT when we do presentation via SFB client on RDS/Citrix XenDesktop server.

This feature is very importance for us. We hope that Microsoft product team fix it for next CU7 release.

Thanks!

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Need option to create multiple profiles. Its very Important

As some time we end up working on multiple clients we neeed multiple profiles configuration option.

Thanks,
      Ravi Kanth Karedla

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. more alert tones

more alert tones

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. 11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Mobile SDK

There already exist a SDK for SfB, but this does not include mobile platforms. So please create one for these also.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Hi, I am experiencing a glitch in the tool. The Status of contacts is not getting refreshed on its own.

Hi, I am experiencing a glitch in the tool. The Status of contacts is not getting refreshed on its own.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. 10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. 10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Location and Screen size

1) Able to see others location without having to have picture (2 lines) selected. I like the compact version (one line) better, but like seeing the location
      2) If we have to keep the picutres to see location, allow us to make the screen size / contact list smaller

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Add options for the return button: option 1: send message. option 2: new line/paragraph

Add options for the return/enter key:
      Option 1: Send Message
      Option 2: New Line/Paragraph

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Create a series of UWP examples

Right now you shared two GitHub projects that shared skype for business sdk for iOS and android. Please show some support for your own platform and create a series of UWP examples. Is it too hard?

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Consolidate Instant Messaging Windows

When hovering over the Skype icon on my task bar, it shows me every person I have a conversation active with. I have 10 active conversations going at once. Please consolidate this into one bubble, then list the names of each person along the side of the pane. This would make things much cleaner.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. I.M. Multiple chat issues fix:

When multiple chats are open and more than open chat has a new unread message, it would be nice when clicking on one chat that all the other chats do not show as read automatically. This is very frustrating when someone is waiting for a reply but the other person no longer sees this message as unread. When you have 15+ chats open and 8 of them have unread messages then you click on one chat and the other 7 no longer show as read, this makes the person have to click on all the chats to figure out which…

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Criar grupos de conversa e mantê-los salvos sempre

Quando criamos grupo de conversa, salvá-los e mantê-los salvos como Grupo, assim facilita o dia-a-dia. Quando fechar a janela não fechar o grupo, ter a opção de abrir o grupo novamente e visualizar as conversas.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. More font colors

add more font colors

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Status Customised to Organisation, internal/external

I run a small company and a client wants me to use Skype, fine. this however shares my status immediately with external contacts. I'd be happy to show an "Available" that updated maybe once an hour (or not at all!) , and an internal status that updated as it currently does. The differentiation of an internal contact and an external one doesn't really exist here though, and I don't want my client knowing every move I make. I don't want him to contact outside business hours for example... or know if I'm having to pull an all-nighter.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Anonymous users to initiate chat to individual or groups

Just like the Skype widget, I'd like a Skype for Business widget so that I can have users on our website initiate a chat with either an individual or group

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Bidirectional support for messages containing both LRT and RTL text

I guess this is not a new idea per-se (as can be seen in the linked-at-the-bottom q&a with Microsoft), but previous ideas here are more case specific, so I could not add my vote to them.

Since the general case of bidirectional messages is already well supported in MS and elsewhere, there is no reason for Skype to be different.

Furthermore, while important for the general public, it is much more sorely needed for business applications, where technical terms are almost exclusively in English.

Best regards

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skmess-skinsta-sk_win/rtl-languages-are-not-supported-correctly-in-skype/34d0ffd0-3d30-4d5c-b27d-d4adf777f19a

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. We need .gif support in Skype for Business

We need .gif support in Skype for Business

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base