• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add support for 64-bit devices in the Skype for Business App SDK for Android

Starting August 1, 2019, apps published on Google Play will need to support 64-bit architectures, see https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit.

Lacking the support, apps built upon the Skype for Business App SDK for Android vill only support devices that do not run Android 9 Pie or later.

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Chat session, have the ability to turn off flashing icon when chat is updated from participant.

Essentially, chats in the background, the icon flashes, beeps when your not actively in the chat instance. I would like the ability to disable the Flashing icon on the Task bar, or least disable the beeping noise per chat instance when the a chat is updated by one of the participates.

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Skype getting blocked and suspended for no reason

Hi there, it has happened to me 4 times this month, everytime I come back from the weekend or a holiday and I try to log into skype my skype is either blocked or suspended, there is a bug in the system that determines the reasons for suspension and blocking an account, I haven't done anything in the past few days and my account was suspended for no reason, this happens only in skype accounts recently opened and not in the old skype accounts of 4 years ago. please fix this very annoying bug

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Status icons

I have used another conference system that allowed some status icons in the participants screen. It had visual icons for statuses such as 'shortly away' or 'can't hear' as well as for votes like 'yes' and 'no' etc. That way it was really good to obtain an overview of the participants and their status. I would love to have such functionality in Skype (for B) as well. Now I do not see anything of this nature.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Add different style fonts!

The font is so boring. It would be cool if there was an option to have the same fonts as Microsoft word

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Make broadcast.skype.com API publicly available

Currently there is no public API available for creating/updating/deleting meetings with the broadcast.skype.com website.

However, there seems to be an API for it already, but it is not public.

Can you please make it public so everyone can use it, to create/update/delete meetings via external applications?

14 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Autofill Contacts from within the Orgazniation

You have Skype for Business, Why can't everyone in the office that has it be automatically added to your contacts. Why do I have to add them one by one, or by group?

I install SfB...and presto-everyone else in the company is already in my contacts list! May get messy with multiple locations...or places with 1000+ but, that is what groups/favorites are for.

14 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Add user's local time and time zone to user info window

What would it take to show what time it is for the person you are chatting to. Example: someone in Austin, TX talking to someone in India. You could put their local clock/time zone up in the user info box that is at the top of the chat window.

Thanks

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. More emoticons yo

Yo dawg, I heard you like emoticons on your emoticons so I put emoticons on your emoticons so you can emoticon while you emoticon.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Change the colors in conversations. The two current blue colors are too similar and sometimes hard to distinguish between.

Change the colors in conversations to blue and red. They cant be two different tones of blue which can very confusing.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. add personal skype id to business id

Have an option to toggle between personal and business skype

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Im an expert

Add Im an expert functionality to o365.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. let us load our own emoticons

Let us load and use emoticons we like.
      We were forced to change programs for instant messaging and have yet another program open and running all day..
      At least let us personalize it like Lotus notes and Same Time did

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Button for Attachements

It would be good if you could keep an option to attach the documents.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. how to remove message send in skype for business which is not available currently

Need functionality to remove message in skype for business which is already available in consumer skype also need functionality to check files sent through skype for business under conversation history

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Managing IM Chats (specially auto scrolling)

I find that when having an IM chat, were it goes on for a while (more than a page) then thje "autocrolling" does not work and it has to be done manually to enable one to continue the conversation.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Ability to react to an emoticon

I tried to react to my buddies emoticon where it gives you the finger, but was unable to. It would be useful to be able to give this a thumbs up or something.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Pin the poll in chat

Hello,
      The Poll feature is great but it would greater if it would be possible to pin it or quote it instead of the users to scroll and find it in the chat history.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Skype for business migration speed

migration speed from on-premise to SFB online is too slow, it would take too long for large amount of users. Need to speed it up

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Optional Privacy Settings for Skype Directory

Allow people to remove themselves from the Skype Directory if they do not wish to be contacted by people they do not know

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base