• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Allow reaction to your own message

With this feature, it'll help users to laugh at their own jokes, the implication of this would help users be happier and having more control in the reaction of whatever they say and not based on the external factors as it'll help boost their confidence because the reactions would now be within their control, for example, this feature is available at Facebook where you can react on your own post.

31 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Please update the Emojis!!!!

Bring the old emojis back! The new ones are HIDEOUS!!! You can't even tell what most of the "smiley" faces are.....

30 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. PSTN meeting coordinate not available on skype for business users

we need this be available to be able to use the meeting dial in Teams.

in our Tenant "Xelleration.com" we have one user has E5 and Audio conferencing licenses assigned ans we still not able to see the dial in number avilable when we schedule a meeting in Teams. this is very Important for us to get a full transition from Skype to Teams, and encourage our end user and customers to use Team from now on.

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Emoticons

Add more emoticons....make it look like whatsapp....also, like facebook; add stickers

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Add exteranl contact in skype for business online

like exchange online, I would like the feature add the external contact in Skype organization level and that should be visible to every one in the organization instead of searching with full mail address we can search contact name that will be easy option to all users. When I checked with MS they said this option is not available. why don't you add this feature in upcoming release?

25 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Make the thumbs up black for the black community on skype

Well. I want to give a thumbs up but... I'm black. Thusly, upon looking for such emoticon I found myself to be inhibited by the overwhelming amount of white supremacy on the application known to many as "Skype for Business". How am I to communicate my approval as a black man, to my fellow people? Shall i just pretend I am some white man?

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Overwhelming SPAM Calls on Skype for Business

We are receiving 4-5 unsolicited spam calls per day. They leave empty voicemails and occasionally there is a robot/recorded telemarketing prompt on the other end.

This issue is happening to 10+ users in our organization.

23 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Bot Builder Support For Skype for Business

Microsoft/BotBuilder Github project....please support Skype For Business channel. I cannot register my bot in the MS Bot Directory due to company policy...so how can I integrate my bot into Skype For Business.

23 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Sending reply to a particular message in group chat like they have in WhatsApp. and auto correct option (optional feature that can be enable

Sending reply to a particular message in group chat like they have in WhatsApp and auto correct option (optional feature that can be enabled)

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Change the emoji's up. There are only 2 emoji's related to female's and only white hand signals. skype is coming off racist/sexist.

Change the color of the thumb's up/down, shaking, and flexing emoji's to yellow if you don't want to add another skin color other than white. Add more female related emoji's. It's very uncomfortable to think that Skype is making a statement that they do not want to add additional skin types to their list of emojis and don't want woman to be a part of those options either. I'm a white male, and I do feel very uncomfortable having to use your services as it's required for my job. This has also been brought to Skype's attention for years and…

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Provide Swagger/OpenAPI specification for UCWA

UCWA is extremely powerful, but tends to have a steep initial learning curve and startup cost. Provising swagger/openAPI documentation would significantly reduce the startup costs of a UCWA project, allowing developers to use codegen tooling again UCWA.

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. 21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Enable API to allow for audio/video

Provide audio/video capabilities and controls through the Lync UC Web API.

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Skype Bot API for Messaging

It would be very handy to have access to the above from Skype for Business. We are keen to look at developing a chat bot living within a SfB account to augment our internal IT service desk for common queries. This would be a given if the Skype consumer and Skype for Business clients were merged.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Middle Finger Emoji needs added for "reacting" to comments

When having a conversation with my Baby Christyn, she will often say things that are sly and try to toss shade on a brotha. My instant reaction is to give her the middle finger even though Im laughing! So Skype needs to add the middle finger emoji to the reaction options!

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Option to Enable a Transparent UI

You should add the option to enable a transparent UI- like Google Hangouts. It's just a little icon that you can move anywhere on your desktop with a click and drag. It always stays on top of other open windows and expands with the conversations when you click on it, then collapses back to the just the icon when you click elsewhere.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. DSP Offloading

Please add an option to turn off DSP offloading. Tools like EqualizerAPO, Clownfish or Soundpad don't work with Skype, because Skype bypasses all sound driver dsp effects, at least for the majority of sound drivers.

This request is related to this "feature": https://download.microsoft.com/download/7/C/1/7C1C33EC-748A-477D-B250-6D90A0E0AA08/Lync%20and%20Skype%20Audio%20Offloading%20of%20Digital%20Signal%20Processing%20Effects%20in%20Windows%208-1.pdf

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Request support for SAP Success Factors integration with SFB online

To work with SAP Success Factors to integrate with Skype for Business. They have requested that the XML document at lyncdiscover.api.net.au also contain another URL: https://ucwa.skype.com/documentation/KeyTasks-CreateApplication

Please advise of how we can update the XML document to include the above mentioned URL. We need your help from Office 365 support.

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. better emoticons!!

There are better emoticons being used in old antiquated email systems. Most of which are real people.....scenes from movies, I mean really interesting ones. Yours looks like the 90's!!! Emoticons are really important for daily stress relief. People in my office complain regularly now that we have Outlook, about the terrible emoticons.

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Chat history should maintain

Team, I suggest, the chat history should maintain as we have in skype.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base