• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. SFB Mobile App, while phone is asleep, should wake up from incoming call and IM.

SFB Mobile App, while phone is asleep, should wake up from incoming call and IM. Otherwise people would miss their important business call. Just like whatsapp and good old gsm phone behaviour. Many customers are very surprise when they found out this issue. Never did they expect the App didn't handle this properly. Very sad.

50 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. 48 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Add additional emojis - Going to the bathroom, I've fallen and I can't get up, Drop the mic, Throat Punch, Fist Bump, Access Denied

Going to the bathroom, I've fallen and I can't get up, Drop the mic, Throat Punch, Fist Bump, Access Denied

48 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. remove ctrl enter shortcut

should not start a call. its annoying!

46 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Skype for Business would be more effective for me if the conversations followed me to each computer rather than starting over.

With gmail, no matter where I log on my conversation will pick up where I left off. It would be helpful if that would happen here as well .

45 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. why cant we have a screenshot taking option

why cant we have a screenshot taking option .. so that we can send screenshot of a particular screen if needed by other party

43 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. We are thinking of using Skype for Business for our corporate use. However there are few Linux users too. Unfortunately they is no client av

We are thinking of using Skype for Business for our corporate use. However there are few Linux users too. Unfortunately they is no client available for Linux. We would like to know when it will be available?

42 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Populate all Organization users to Lync automatically

Populate all Organization users to Lync automatically

41 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. The Anger Emoticon is a blackface trope and should be updated

The anger emoticon in Skype for business is a callback to blackface humour. Which when put in context is indubitably racist.

There is very little difference between this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRuZkCfQUgw

and the ‘anger’ emoticon in Skype 4 Business.

I believe that what the skype emoticon was / should be going for is ‘ashface’ as described here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AshFace

Some perspective on blackface:
      http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/31/no-blackface-isnt-a-tribute-or-a-compliment-its-always-offensive-6675054/

Need more perspective?
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/08/boglarka-balogh-blackface-offensive

I would really like to be contacted about this issue, with anyone who has the ability to affect change.

I would suggest perhaps a mushroom cloud or steam coming out of the ears.

Thanks…

40 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Auto reply

A good idea to my opinion, when you are away, set a message saying you are currently not available and will return their messages/calls as possible.

40 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Hyperlink in Skype for Business

Enable Hyperlinks to be shared in the chat. It would be really Helpful!

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Create a URI Scheme for Skype for Business supported by all clients

The skype: URI is a great and easy way to start an audio or video call, create a conference and sending instant messages, and can be used in Windows, IOs and Android. There is nothing a good as it for Skype for Business.

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Bring Unicorn Emoji back

Please bring back to the running unicorn emoji. I miss using this emoji on my chats... I have to go onto my iPhone and use my Skype app to add Apples emoji of the unicorn to my conversations. PLEASE BRING BACK THE PINK UNICORN.

38 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Handle SIP CANCEL messages properly to prevent spurious missed calls

When using single number reach and an incoming call is picked up on a desk phone, the mobile client shows a missed call. The call manager is correctly sending a SIP CANCEL with cause=200 (call completed elsewhere) but Skype for Business ignores this. Please correctly interpret these SIP messages and avoid generating spurious missed calls on the client.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/f1111e1b-4eca-46a3-861f-5ac4e62f94d0/lync-2010-dual-forking-with-cisco-call-manager-and-missed-call-notifications?forum=ocsvoice

36 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Add eggplant emoticon

Add eggplant emoticon. Now.

36 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Skype for Business online user presence reports

Skype for Business online user presence reports, Daily online, busy, away status of each users

Sr # 617100691302141

36 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Add fire emoji.

Pretty self-explanatory.

33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Integration with H.323/SIP videocall

For better integration with CISCO/POLYCOM/LIFESIZE/AVAYA telepresence

33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. color

Can you make the yellow 3 icons for Away, Off work, and Be Right Back different colors? It's not easy to know which of the 3 the status really is.

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Jazz Hands Emoji

I echo all of the people who want more emojis but ESPECIALLY would like a jazz hands emoji! Please and thank you!

31 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base