• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Live Captions and and Subtitles in SFB

It would be great to have live captions & subtitles in Skype For Business, on the lines of Skype. We work in geographically distributed teams so folks with their first language not being English could gain the most from a meeting.

87 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Preload presentations and content with Skype for Business on premise

The following link indicates you can preload content into SfB Online meetings by attaching files to the meeting invite.
      https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Preload-attachments-for-a-Skype-for-Business-meeting-fd3d9f9d-b448-4754-b813-02e49393f251%C2%A0
      It is not plan for SfB on promise.
      This feature make sense with Skype Room System v2 also, so as customer on promise, I can confirm it will be great if engineers could reconsidere this point.
      Arnaud

85 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Add "Brady Bunch" style view for video conferencing

Gallery view is great to see who is in a meeting, but depending on how many people are in it, the windows can be too small to really use for video conferencing. If we have 4 or 9 members in the meeting for example, I would love to be able to have their video windows fill the entire screen. Think "Brady Bunch" intro.

80 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. automatic reply

There should be a way to auto-reply when someone isn't available or gone for vacation, similar what outlook provides.

74 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Possibility to add watermark/title/overlay in video

Give the ability to add watermark Inside the video stream:
      1 - for security (ability to put a custom text where we can put like "company confidential")
      2- for better look and feel like a title of a topic as an overlay in the video Stream.

73 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Disable hotkeys

The hotkeys are a serious hindrance when you're trying to work on someone's computer remotely via the meeting function. I've seen many complaints about various common hotkeys that have unexpected functions in Skype for Business. You'd be making a lot of people happy if you gave us the option to disable and/or remap those hotkeys.

72 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Spotlight lock experience

When the Spotlight is locked on to one participant, the participant in the spotlight should continue to see the gallery view instead of only seeing themselves. Only the remaining participants should see the locked video on the spotlight participant/presenter.

71 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Skype Meeting Broadcast - Video In PowerPoint is Essential

Skype Meeting Broadcast. We need to be able to play videos that are contained within PowerPoint presentations.
      OR we need to be able to upload video for playing.

I can't believe the product has been released without this central cornerstone of PowerPoint and presenting in place.

70 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Connect other Skype contacts

Need the option to have connect to normal Skype contacts. It will help to have meeting with partners or other vendors.

66 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Customize online meeting invitations

I want the ability to choose when the dial in number will pop up in the online meeting invitation. Sometimes it is used in conjunction with an online meeting and sometimes it is not, and other users may want to use the conference line.

64 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Add vote functionality to improve feedback from participants.

When lot's of people are in meeting it is hard to get their opinion collected to make a decision. Easy to use vote functionality would make this easier. Write question, select answer type and publish. And of course easy way copy to meeting memo with results who voted and how.

64 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Share Screen in Broadcast

It would be really nice if a screen share would be possible while doing a broadcast like in a regular meeting!

62 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Gallery view options

Currently if you have more then video callers in one meeting room, you can only see 5 and the rest are smaller windows. With the amount of empty space on the screen there's no reason callers can't be arranged in a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, etc grid to allow for you to see all callers

59 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. screen share after missing the "Accept..." dialog

How about a way to get into a screen share if you missed the "Accept Meeting Content" warning when it appeared? I always have to leave and rejoin the meeting to get the prompt again.

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Reporting on Skype for Business meeting attendees.

At times it is necessary to report on the people that attended a specific meeting. This functionality is currently lacking in Skype for Business.

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. "Call me at" Validation

Would like to have the ability to turn on a validation for the call me at feature. Sometimes people are using this feature and they don't answer the call back in time or they mistype the number or have their phone in DND and when the call gets answered people in the Skype4B conference will a person's voice mail, which interrupts the meeting. So a host/presenter has to mute the person or remove them from the meeting.

It would be nice to have a validation that when the call back is answered the user is prompted to press "1" or…

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. 56 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Allow consumer skype client to join meetings

Please allow the consumer skype client to be invited to and sign into s4b hosted meetings. This will allow most of our external participants to connect w/o having to fight w/ a non-configured s4b client or install and test the web plugin.

55 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Rename Guests/Call-In-Users in Meetings

When a participant joins a meeting via phone they appear in participant list as a PHONE NUMBER and have to identify themselves. We need the ability to rename the participate to their name. This could also work for regular participants who may go by a different name that the default one.

54 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Static Meeting URLs and Static Meeting URLs for Recurring Meetings

Major problems with Skype for Business that now limits my ability to schedule meetings and optimize virtual meetings:

1. Inability to have a static URL for my meetings

2. Inability to schedule recurring meetings less frequent than 14 days since Skype will deactivate the meeting URLs

I am a previous join.me customer and I have to say that join.me is killing Skype for Business in ease of use and functionality.

54 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base