• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. View more than five video meeting participants simultaneously

Currently the max number of participants shown in the gallery in a Skype video meeting is five. Increase this number so that a larger group can see video of all participants. We regularly have meetings with 10-20 participants in Skype video. Would be great to see everyone simultaneously.

181 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Fix the inability for meeting hosts using lobby feature to see PSTN callers in the lobby!! Very frustrating and is keeping us from adoption

Using Skype for business with Office 365. We are currently testing PSTN Conferencing using Microsoft as the dial in provider. We have a use case where the Organizer creates a Skype meeting from outlook, in meeting options sets "these people don't have to wait in the lobby" to only me the presenter, sends out the request to attendees, the Organizer joins the meeting on his computer, now when the attendees who dial via their phone, get all the prompts to join the meeting and are sent to the lobby, however the meeting organizer never sees the attendees calling in from…

174 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 173 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      51 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Enable booking of Skype Meetings from within a shared calendar

Many of our staff use a shared calendar in Outlook to centrally book and manage meetings for their wider team (usually a subset of the team with delegate access that can cover for each other).

Now that we are promoting the use Skype for Business meetings, we've noticed you cannot book a Skype Meeting on behalf of a shared calendar, despite having delegate access, and even with the AD account for the shared mailbox enabled in Skype for Business.

[Error: "You do not have permissions to schedule Lync Meetings on behalf of the owner of this account. Please contact the…

170 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Server side recording

Provide ability to record meetings directly to the server without the need to record locally then upload to a server.

167 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. ıt would be better ıf we can blur our backgrounds during Skype for Business meetings

ıt would be especially better ıf we can blur our backgrounds during Skype for Business meetings.

152 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      10 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Option to set meeting status to Do Not Disturb in addition to In Meeting

When I am in meetings, i want to ensure that I am not disturbed. However, today, I have to remember to set the status to DND if I want to ensure that no one tries to bug me. It would be nice to have a settings option that allows you to select the default status for meetings.

151 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. 141 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Vertical Gallery View Option

Provide an option for having the Gallery View stacked vertically to one side, instead of just horizontally across the top. With the Gallery set vertically on one side, the remaining screen real estate would have a better proportion for sharing documents and presentation materials.

122 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. remove contact card from meeting

Remove Giant contact card from the bottom right of a meeting.

Why do I need a giant square that says my name and covers up part of the screen when I am in a meeting? I know it's my computer, I don't see the point and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it.

118 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      15 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Better use of monitor real estate for viewing shared content for SfB

Better layout or a full screen content option when sharing and viewing content in SFB. There is currently more SfB window than content. It can be similar to the Surface Hub interface.

116 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Ability to upload content other than PowerPoint

Provide option to upload other content into a meeting (PDF, Word, etc.)

116 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Real full screen sharing

When you look at a screen presentation the image i only between 50-75 procent of the full screen even when in full screen. Does not make sense.

114 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Show if participants participate in meetings virtually or in meeting room

When a meeting takes place in a conference room and it is possible to participate virtually via Skype meeting, it is sometimes neccessary the meeting organizer knows in advance how many people do join virtually and how many physically, especially when a room system is envolved and top management participates.

Solution: add if people invited participate virtually or in the meeting room to the confirmation button (incl. tentative button) in Outlook.

In status of the meeting invitation the meeting organizer should see the overview.

112 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Select which participants are visible in Gallery View

In meetings where some participants are joining by audio only, their default profile picture or meeting room phone profile will appear in the Gallery view. In meetings with many participants this makes the video quite hard to see (because it gets too small). Is there a way to hide the default profile pictures in the Gallery view, and keeping only the participants joining by video or even better, select who you want to see on video in your personal view? We have tried using Unpin from Gallery, but that doesn’t remove the pictures in your own Gallery, just for the…

112 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Allow attendees/presenters to full screen ONE of the attendee videos (Not just their own)

Allow attendees to full screen ONE of the videos. The current functionality of 'Lock the video spotlight' makes only my video full screen for everyone, which is not at all useful when conducting a collaborative meeting between two parties (rooms or persons). I want to see them full screen, while they see me full screen. It seems like a very easily achievable feature, which could be enabled via right-clicking the attendee video you want to maximize, and having an option to "Make this attendee the video spotlight".
      Make it happen Microsoft!!

97 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Tile the video meeting.

If more than 3 or 4 people or parties are meeting the use of screen tiling would be helpful. This option would make everyone much more visible. Currently, the only setting I have locks me into having all the videos in one line across my screen. This causes all of them to be very small. If they could be moved so that they take up the entire screen (2-4) rows and (2-4) columns of videos in a conference it would make it easier to see all of their faces.

96 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Admin can assign a lable (give a name) to a phone number in a meeting

When phone caller is joining the meeting, it is impossible to label people/assign names to people calling from phones vs. joining with skype client. Naturally, it's difficult to remember who is who when more than couple of phone-callers are in the meeting, so it would be nice to be able to label callers vs. seeing their phone-number only.

93 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. We always have problems sharing desktops from particpants - it never works and we waste so much time on this. We hate Skype!

We always have problems sharing desktops from particpants - it never works and we waste so much time on this. We hate Skype!

90 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      13 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Add ability to join external meetings without needing federation with the host's server.

When joining an external meeting using the link provided for a webapp, IE/Lync/S4B will autosense the installed Lync client and try to launch it which will fail unless you have federation setup to allow the other domain. Adding ?sl=1 to the URL works but should not be necessary for a general user to have to do this. Nor is it a good look when sending invites to a customer to tell them they need to edit the hyperlink.
      There needs to be a way to join an external meeting without requiring federation when the Lync/S4B client is installed on a…

88 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base