• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Navigate me directly to the Skype for Business meeting from the mtg URL

We are always navigated to the web browser before we join the meeting on SfB client when you click the SfB meeting URL. It would be convenient if we can directly access SfB client to join the meeting without going through the web browser.
      If you are using Mac device, you can manually change the meeting URL to join it. It would be also great if I can modify the meeting URL on the Windows device as well.

19 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Problem sharing virtual desktop that covers dual monitors

Here are the conditions needed to reproduce a desktop sharing problem:

• Do a remote desktop connexion with "mstsc.exe /span" to another computer with dual monitors (ex: my office computer)

• This way, I have access to my entire office desktop when I work from my home.

• When I attempt to share my desktop with SKYPE, it thinks I have a single desktop with a resolution or 3840 X 1080, it no longer give me the choice to share my left or right monitor. The other party is unable to…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Communication within offline environment

Implement a feature that can use Skype for Business communication under the condition that the Internet is not available in times of large-scale disaster.
      This request may be difficult to become a reality, but we need this feature without through the Internet in case of having on-premises environment.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Messages Read - Indicator

Can there be a tick Mark similar to Whatsapp embedded to show whether the message has been seen by the intended person? In offices, where Lync is used as the main medium of communication, it becomes imperative to see whether the messages has been read, as people dont see it sometimes or act as if they have not seen it

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Turn on video by default

I want to be able to set up Skype for Business so that it turns on the webcam on each call automatically.
      100 % of calls in our company is with video, and eveyone just wastes time turning on the video or reminding the other side that they forgot.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Enable Gallery View in virtual environments

I would like you to enable Gallery View for Skype for Business Online when using it in the virtual environment.

11 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Auto Join Skype Meetings

Auto Start Skype meetings: I use Skype in conjunction with outlook for meetings throughout the day, as I work remotely for a software company. Meeting reminders are typically 15 mintues prior as set by the host, and I often lose track of time and join meetings late. It would be a huge timesaver and asset to have an option that starts Skype meetings automatically, or call me. I don't want to join early else I am forced to chit chat with everyone else on the phone who joined early, where I really need to keep working on a project up…

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Set the expiration date for SfB meeting URLs

I would like to change the default expiration date for SfB meeting URLs. By default, the life cycle is 8 hours for Meet Now, and 14 hours for one-time meeting. If we set similar meeting titles for several meetings, those easily gets users confused to access the wrong meeting. It would be great if I can set any expiration date for each meeting.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Show the meeting title

I’m having a trouble with showing the meeting title on Outlook client for which was created with Outlook on the web. Also, the title won’t be shown when joining the meeting via Skype Meeting App regardless how you create the meeting. I would like you to meeting titles to be always shown regardless how we create the meeting, or how we join the meeting.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Use mouse drag and drop to navigate the shared screen

Currently when viewing shared screen, if we use Actual Size and the presenter's screen is larger, we can only use scroll bar to navigate the area we want to see. Using mouse drag and drop to navigate will be much easier.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Edit meeting titles

I would like to set a meeting title when sending instant messages for group chat in bulk or when initiate a meeting using Meet Now feature on Skype for Business client.
      I know it is possible to set the meeting title by creating Skype meeting from Calendar in Outlook client. But it would be nice to have the feature on Skype for Business client as well.

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Manage client preferences to be opened

We have the tenant-level setting to choose rather Skype for Business client or Skype Meetings App to be used when accessing Skype meeting, however we need our users to change which app to be used. It would be great that if end users can change client preferences.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Screen view needs work.

Screen share is either too small or too large. Can you make a third option to fit best into the window as large as it can be? This is an awesome feature of WebEx that I can't live without!

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Implement the Mute function to all the attendees

I would like to use the Mute all attendees option or a similar function on the Skype meeting created form Outlook on the web or Web Scheduler other than Outlook client.

29 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Fix the skype crash

Select an OOO contact in ur skype list. Expand their OOO message in Skype. Select few letters from that text and click on Ctrl+A. And you will see Skype crashing after multiple dancing!! This I noticed on Win 10 Pro with Outlook and Skype for business.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Fix the skype crash

Select an OOO contact in ur skype list. Expand their OOO message in Skype. Select few letters from that text and click on Ctrl+A. And you will see Skype crashing after multiple dancing!! This I noticed on Win 10 Pro with Outlook and Skype for business.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Keep meetings that are in progress under the meetings tab until they are over.

It would be helpful to keep meetings that are 'underway' still displayed under the meetings tab.

This would be useful to those people who are always a few minutes late to a Skype meeting. When you don't have any upcoming appointments, it says "You don't have anything scheduled. Enjoy :)". However, if a meeting is schedule for 2:00pm and it's 2:01pm, technically you still have a scheduled meeting that you're just late for.

If the tab could display meetings that then disappear after the meeting end time, that would be a small change that would be very helpful. Thanks.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Prohibit content sharing only when having Skype meeting with certain external users

I would like to ask you to implement a feature to prohibit content sharing only when having Skype meeting with certain external users. Currently, if you prohibit content sharing by setting meeting policy, you cannot share any content regardless of internal and external users.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Live subtitling-SfB-subtitles for individual speakers in group meetings

Live subtitling-SfB-with ability to turn on subtitles for individual speakers in group meetings.

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Add function for identifying final attendees

Unable to use information within the "scheduling assistant" of the initial invite because not everyone that accepts actually shows up.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base