• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Allow attendees/presenters to full screen ONE of the attendee videos (Not just their own)

Allow attendees to full screen ONE of the videos. The current functionality of 'Lock the video spotlight' makes only my video full screen for everyone, which is not at all useful when conducting a collaborative meeting between two parties (rooms or persons). I want to see them full screen, while they see me full screen. It seems like a very easily achievable feature, which could be enabled via right-clicking the attendee video you want to maximize, and having an option to "Make this attendee the video spotlight".
      Make it happen Microsoft!!

97 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Use full screen when presenting

When presenting a PowerPoint or sharing a screen, Skype for Business wastes a lot of useable screen real estate on top, bottom and sides of display (monitor, projector, etc.). Makes it harder to read and doesn't seem to provide any explainable advantage. Using WebEx, Join.me, etc. every pixel of the display is used to show a PowerPoint. Would like the same capability with Skype for Business.

As a user, I would like to display a PowerPoint or screen share using the entire screen so that my meeting attendees can easily view the material being presented.

570 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      29 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. in presentation mode the top and bottom bar dont go away nicely

When presenting to people with full screen, the top and bottom context sensitive menus don't go away quickly enough. it covers the presentation area and people have to know to move their mouse to the center of the screen and never to the top or bottom of the screen. Its very annoying and hard to explain to customers how to have a clean experience. Please address this UI issue.

24 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Improve the flexibility of the individual search functional. Should be able to find by first or last name or a combination.

It is more difficult to find the user I want to Skype with or add to a meeting because I have to start with their first name. I should able to quickly find someone by first name, last name or a partial combination. For example, Lotus Notes user lookup functionality seemed to do this much better.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Skype meeting options will automatically change

Annotate PowerPoints = Everyone I use this setting and then the setting somehow changes back to "Presenters." This has all the signs of a bug. Seemed to notice this when Lync switched to Skype for Business.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. In case of issues to join a meeting, enforce Web App access point by adding the parameter "?sl=1"

The parameter "?sl=1" is generally unknown from basic end-users (most of people).

25 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. 24 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. I am having a horrible time not seeing other people's presentations and cannot find a help fix anywhere on the web!; Windows 7, IE, Skypefor

Cannot see shared presentation by other SkypeforBusiness user. IE; Windows 7; can see attendees, they can see my screen when I share but I cannot see their screen. Only white square where video should be. Tried to search on internet and Microsoft Support but no help or troubleshooting tips exist. Only "how to share a screen" spending way too much time trying to resolve this! HELP!

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Add two way content sharing to the video interoperablity server

Add two way content sharing to the video interoperablity server for SfB server 2015.

in the present version, there is only content sharing 1 way. since Cisco and Microsoft uses different protocols here. So please fix this, so that the users can enjoy sharing content between their Microsoft and Cisco solutions.

14 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Allow screen sharing to zoom on higher resolution screens

If the viewer has a higher resolution screen than the presenter, presented content cannot be zoomed in to make it truly full screen - it zooms to the presenter's resolution, which does not fit the viewer's screen and leaves a lot of empty space around it (and looks small)

596 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      22 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Federation - contact card

I have AD and all properties of AD user filled by cyrillics, I mean display name, Surname,Title and etc and I have some properties filling by English (for example DisplayPrintableName) I propose to make it possible to select the field from AD to showing for federated contacts(name,surname,titile,company)

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Please make the snipping tool available in the chat dialogue box as well. Many a time, while collaborating on a common document this would

Please make the snipping tool available in the chat dialogue box as well. Many a time, while collaborating on a common document this would

51 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. FULLSCREEN Presentations

need option to have a true FULLSCREEN, rather than have a presentation occupy roughly 50% of the available viewer's screen space

1,719 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      64 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. A on screen auto prompt in SfB for a automatic meeting start up.

Hello we would like a way of a on screen prompt in SfB for a meeting that is about to start? auto starts the meeting for you. not only Calendar app. in Outlook

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. 3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Customize online meeting invitations

I want the ability to choose when the dial in number will pop up in the online meeting invitation. Sometimes it is used in conjunction with an online meeting and sometimes it is not, and other users may want to use the conference line.

64 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Automatically accept meeting content

We use Skype for Business to collaborate on a daily basis. Sometimes we'd like to start sharing content, and somebody misses the "Accept content" prompt. I'd like to be able to make so that if one of the other people starts presenting something, I automatically accept it.

669 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      32 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Screen Sharing: Huge, (with a 24pt font capital "H") functionality gap

Just looking at the drop down list of possible categories helps explain why the functionality is so lacking in what is possibly the most important part of any collaboration software package - the value you add by allowing people to see (not hear - we still all have phones) what anyone on the call is doing.

If you look at any product on the market - Webex, Joinme, GoTo Meeting - they all without exception have a common denominator of allowing the participants on a call to experience the full screen of the presenter (if that is what they want…

15 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Skype for Business screen sharing screen small

found that whenever we share screen in Skype for business we just had some gaps and the screen size showed small, no user was able to get a maximized screen view. We use Go To Meeting right now, and would like something similar in user experience where you can get a full screen view of users desktop but also still have access to your toolbar, etc.

681 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      64 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Add ability to join external meetings without needing federation with the host's server.

When joining an external meeting using the link provided for a webapp, IE/Lync/S4B will autosense the installed Lync client and try to launch it which will fail unless you have federation setup to allow the other domain. Adding ?sl=1 to the URL works but should not be necessary for a general user to have to do this. Nor is it a good look when sending invites to a customer to tell them they need to edit the hyperlink.
      There needs to be a way to join an external meeting without requiring federation when the Lync/S4B client is installed on a…

88 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base