• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add logs for online meeting in Skype Admin

Add a feature or log report that admin can check who ended the meeting in Skype for Business.

120 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: facebook google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. dark mode

Please add support for dark mode which appeared in macOS 10.14 Mojave:

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/visual-design/dark-mode/

512 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Support for Apple AirPods

Skype does not support AirPods on Windows or Mac effectively. Users are reportedly either unable to speak to the other caller but can hear them, or unable hear the other callers but speak to them.

2,429 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      241 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. 42 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Why do i get forced notifications every time i mute and unmute. This is really annoying. I'm trying to see the presentation and talk

I should not get a notification everyone I mute and unmute myself. It's so annoying. I cannot see the presentation or other things on my screen and have to force the notification away.

38 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Enable Screen Sharing for iOS Skype for Business App

Enable Screen Sharing for the iOS Skype for Business App for the iPad

684 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      39 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Office 365 Group Voice mailbox

When creating a Call Queue or Auto Attendant setup, set an option/drop down to allow the voice mails to route to an Office 365 Group, so that members of the group will be able to access the voice mails. Instead of dedicating a user (therefore spending more license) for all of the voice mails would go to.

245 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Allow Voicemails to be sent to the Inbox

We'd like to be able to get our voicemails in our email or at least a notice that there is a voicemail with the number that called to be sent to our Inbox

48 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Voice - Media Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Why on earth does Skype shut down (disconnect) when the screen is locked?

Why on earth does Skype shut down (disconnect) when the screen of an iPhone is locked? What’s the purpose of an "instant" messaging app if I can’t get the message instantaneously and have to launch the app before I can get the message? I want to be in the room when you guys think this stuff up. This has become a major flaw in many MS products. Pump out a new version to do something different just for change-sake. AND FIX THAT DAM ISSUE WITH WINDOW PLACEMENT IN WINDOWS 8/10. A NEW WINDOW SHOULD POP UP TO THE FRONT, NOT…

53 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. 24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Better identify a speaker in the Speaker View

When the speaker is a PSTN (phone/mobile) user, they will NOT show up in the Speaker View. The thumbnail of the last person connected via full experience will stay on top of the content, even if they are not speaking any longer, which is CONFUSING - it looks like someone else is speaking while they're not.

There should be at least a way to pin PSTN user thumbnail to the Speaker View and hide the last-speaking USB user who's not presenting at that time. Otherwise it looks like someone else is presenting...

62 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Attendance list for Skype Meetings/Trainings

The ability to download a list of participants that attended a Skype meeting or training (Including external participants) would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Using Skype for business for training is difficult without this option available (besides Ctrl+N, which only includes the internal participants and lists external participants as 'Guest'')

292 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. 28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. iOS Push notification should not be readable by Microsoft neither by Apple

Push notifications are encrypted at the transport layer BUT when they reach Microsoft Notification Service in the Cloud they are opened and visible in clear before being sent to APNS on a TLS connection. The same occurs at Apple beofre the push notification is transmitted securely (TLS) to the Apple device. We consider this as a risk of data leakage at Microsoft and at Apple and ask Microsoft to extend their Push Notification method with the possibility to anonymize all or part of the content. The most critical content is the body of the IM as it is sent for…

88 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Apply KB4464547 successfully without any error

Skype for Business stops working and shuts down when deploying KB4464547. Because of this issue, I can’t apply the new update. I would like you to fix this issue ASAP.

26 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Can't join meeting until app is forcestopped

When i click on join the app tries to connect and fallsback like there was a exception in connecting. So i go to app settings and forcestop and try again ... It connects successfully.
      This happens every day,

20 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Implement the Mute function to all the attendees

I would like to use the Mute all attendees option or a similar function on the Skype meeting created form Outlook on the web or Web Scheduler other than Outlook client.

23 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. 16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. 17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. 28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 415 416
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base