• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Recently Released

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Let us know what feedback you have about our features that were most recently released!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Would like the option to merge conversation from the same user.

Under file>preferences there is nothing to allow for the option of combining or merging conversations. I often have multiple chats with the same person through the day, but they also often close the chat window that they have on their end. They use a Windows box for their Skype.

2,510 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      206 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Show me as away when my computer has been idle for this many minutes

Add the option Show me as Away when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. This option already exists for the windows version. Currently the default on the Mac version is 5 min and would like to be able to adjust that.

1,312 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      70 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Add a preference toggle to disable emoji

Add a toggle in preferences to disable automatic emoji. It is impossible to share accurate technical strings of text for copy/paste in the current release if they have been auto translated to emoji. This missing feature sent me back to Lync, so it gets all 3 of my votes.

1,109 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      79 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Presence based on Calendar availability

Presence should be the same as in the Windows S4B client
      Busy, in a Meeting, etc.

1,049 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      152 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Paste Images

I often need to send a screen shot or image to my chat partner to explain what I am seeing or how they should do something. I have a screen capture tool but can't paste the shots into a chat. An integrated capture tool isn't needed, just need to be able to paste.

1,037 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      66 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Send a file

Would be nice to be able to send files. I couldn't find an option for this in the menus, and tried dragging and dropping a file into the window, but nothing worked. A must have feature for my company.

572 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      65 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Application Sharing

Option to share desktop or a specific application (rather than the full desktop).

553 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      38 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Sync with mobile!!

Sync conversations seamlessly with mobile client just like Google Hangouts, Slack, etc. etc. etc.

402 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      21 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Integrate schedule meetings with Mac OS calendar app

Most of the users use the standard Mac OS calendar app and not Outlook. However, Skype for Business only integrates Outlook when scheduling a meeting. It would be great to schedule a meeting and integrate this functionality with the standard calendar app instead of buying Outlook to do so.

380 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      17 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. High CPU Usage

Skype for Business (Mac) is eating an enourmous amount of CPU at idle (17.8-50%+) and even more when in a call. I cannot deploy this to laptop users in my department as their fans stay on at all times. Please optimize. On a side note, thanks for the file transfer ability!

355 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      69 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. The new "Current Call" floating window... not good :-(

At first when the Current Call window appeared I thought "omg, this is genius - I can finally have easy access to the controls". Unfortunately, what happens in practice is that each time I CMD-TAB between apps (any two apps; it doesn't have to include SfB), the Current Call window puts itself back on top (ok fair enough), but - and this is the problem - GRABS FOCUS. This is tremendously annoying. I'm flicking between a web page and a terminal window so I can type commands based on information on the web page, and each time I flip back…

354 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      34 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. login sound

URGENT: How can I turn off the login sound?

339 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      75 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Mark all conversations as read

On the conversations pane (the speech bubble) I found where all the missed conversations and old conversations went, which explained the "42" counter on the dock icon....

However, to clear that dock icon counter required me - for each conversation - to double click on the conversation to open it, then do a CMD-W to close the window, thus marking it read. Ideally I'd want to go into the speech bubble pane, select all conversations, and mark as read so the counter is cleared! Or just have a "Clear counter" option on the dock icon maybe?

273 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      22 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. dark theme

As a developer, I use dark IDE themes throughout my desk environment. Would you consider having an inverted color theme to not have such blinding white for my Skype for Business block on my second monitor?

244 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Request for iCal integration for meeting setup and joining

Setting Skype business meeting using an iCal with Skype integration. This will be awesome and native integration. Also ability to join using directly in iCal

232 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Make Skype for Business Mac Work just like the Windows Edition

I cannot see my entire contact list (maintained in Outlook for Mac) and therefore, cannot initiate a Skype for Business chat with anyone in my contacts.

I was able to do this with a Skype for Business on Windows.

226 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. 209 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Add phone number contacts with name

Currently, Skype for Business is lacking flexibility in its contact list, such as not offering a way of saving a phone number as a contact with a name.

While it does allow for the number to be stored as just a number under "Other contacts", there is currently no way to add a name to it. This makes it impractical and results in an unorderly list of phone numbers where it's unclear to which person they belong. Especially this is crucial when an organisation relies a lot on external communication, like mine.

The Skype for Bussiness' contact list is too…

183 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      14 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Automatically set to "Do Not Disturb" when sharing and back off when done

It would be very nice if when started to share your desktop the system went into "Do not Disturb" mode to prevent notifications from popping up while sharing. And then turn it off once done. Similar to the feature provided in the Windows version

178 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Allow the speakers for call notification, but headphones for audio

At present you can select the audio output sources "Speakers" and set that to a headset, but then the incoming call alert is also played on the speakers. It would be great to keep the call audio on the headphones, but use the Mac speakers to alert you to the call. Otherwise I think I'm going to miss calls!

174 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      21 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base