• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Recently Released

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Let us know what feedback you have about our features that were most recently released!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Screen Sharing Without a Call

Would really like to be able to share my screen with someone without establishing a call via Skype - like can be done in Windows. I'm usually on the phone talking with someone when the need to screen share comes up, so switching or establishing a second call is kind of overkill.

145 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Allow shutting off of ALL sounds.

I have all sounds shut off, yet it still plays a sound when logging in. If I am in a meeting and log into the app, I don't need it blasting a sound throughout the room. Please respect the user's settings.

20 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Automatically switch to AirPods

When I connect my AirPods to the Mac using the Sound menubar item, I want Skype to automatically switch to using them.

Sometimes Skype asks to switch to the Thunderbolt display, and I think even one time I saw it ask to switch to the AirPods, but it is completely unreliable.

Expected:
      Selecting AirPods in Sound menu immediately switches over to them in Skype

Actual:
      I have to go into Skype Preferences to change to AirPods to immediately have them available in a call starting seconds after I connect my AirPods.

In addition, if I'm in a call on the…

31 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Dark Mode Theme

Should have a couple of theme options, in particular a dark mode to be consistent with the Mac.

148 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Provide method to delete/remove bulk conversation history from Chat window

Provide method to delete/remove bulk conversation history from Chat window, i.e. multi select desired chats to remove and press Delete key.

43 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. "request control" button is missing when somebody is presenting

"request control" button is missing when somebody is presenting

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Notifications when Skype is hidden

I'd like to get notifications for new messages anytime I receive a message and the Skype window is hidden. Currently if Skype for business is hidden, and the chat I currently have selected is responded to I don't get a notification.

47 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Sync Calendar Availability to Status

The app shows my meetings in the Calendar section, since I use Outlook for my calendar. But the status stays as "available" even when there is a calendar event showing for the time. In Lync and in Skype for Windows, status changes to "in a meeting" when there is a calendar event at that time.

78 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Mark all conversations as read

On the conversations pane (the speech bubble) I found where all the missed conversations and old conversations went, which explained the "42" counter on the dock icon....

However, to clear that dock icon counter required me - for each conversation - to double click on the conversation to open it, then do a CMD-W to close the window, thus marking it read. Ideally I'd want to go into the speech bubble pane, select all conversations, and mark as read so the counter is cleared! Or just have a "Clear counter" option on the dock icon maybe?

270 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      22 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Allow sounds for incoming IMs through speakers while USB headset is connected.

SfB on a Mac can be configured now to allow for incoming calls to ring through the Mac speakers while a headset is connected, but incoming message sounds still only play through the headset. IMs are easily missed if the user is not actively on a call using the headset.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Chat Notifications

Very happy that chat was included in this release. I know this is a beta version, but it would be nice to get a better notification of an incoming chat request. Currently the app icon just gets a red badge alert and I don't always notice it. The older Lync version "bounced" when a new message request came through, which was more noticeable.

Thanks for the new release!

142 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      20 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. I would like my computer's Speaker to Ring when my blue tooth headset is connected

Currently if my Jabra headset is selected as the Audio device that is the only thing that rings. I would like to have the ability to have my Mac's speaker ring as well so I know it when I don't have the headset on.
      Thanks!

59 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Move "Your microphone is muted" out of the way for screensharing

Screen should not be blocked by the message "Your microphone is muted".

When watching a presentation sharing slides or their screen, having the message "Your microphone is muted" in the middle of the window occludes part of the screen that I am trying to view.

Suggest making this message in a location that does not block screen sharing.

74 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. We're having trouble connecting to the server. If this continues, please contact your support team.

Yeah, this error is simply insane. I get like ~40 per day with a machine that's connected to the internet. Can't use the app unless I "OK" every... single... one... (or force quit and restart app.) ACK! Coming back from an hour lunch with 2 or 3 of these errors, on a machine that's not sleeping, nor has lack of communication with the server.

15 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Allow Call Forwarding while outside work hours

I would like to have my calls forwarded to my cell phone, but only outside of work hours.

Right now in Preferences > Calls > "Turn on call forwarding" only has the following options:
      All the time
      During Outlook work hours

Please add the following option:
      "Outside of Outlook work hours"

65 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Recording capabilities

When our end users compare their Lync 2011 client with SfB for PC, one of the most asked for capabilities is recording. Will this feature be a part of RTM?

158 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      18 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Automatically set to "Do Not Disturb" when sharing and back off when done

It would be very nice if when started to share your desktop the system went into "Do not Disturb" mode to prevent notifications from popping up while sharing. And then turn it off once done. Similar to the feature provided in the Windows version

178 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. History

I'd like to see all of my conversation history when I open up a chat with someone I've chatted with before, uh like Google Hangouts. Conversation history also needs to be searchable.

117 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. It would be nice to be able to view both the attendees list and chat messages at the same time while in a meeting.

It would be nice to be able to view both the attendees list and chat messages at the same time while in a meeting.

151 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      thinking about it  ·  9 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Skype status set automatically

When I have a meeting scheduled, my status in Skype doesn't change automatically during the meeting. This used to work in Lync and works in Skype for Windows.

30 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base