• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Recently Released

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Let us know what feedback you have about our features that were most recently released!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. just make it work, simply as that, because now it really sucks

just make it work, simply as that, because now it really sucks

31 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. the chats list in Skype Mac is just a disater

The "Chats" view is a pile of mess... can't conversations stay in their own window much like the Windows version? This is horrible.

174 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Outlook groups should populate with members

When I try and expand Outlook groups in the contact list it states that they contain no members. It should auto populate with the group members.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. No Meetings Scheduled Bug

Even when I have meetings scheduled, I keep receiving the message: "You Have No Meetings Scheduled for today. Enjoy!" when I select the "Meetings" icon in the left sidebar. I've been getting this error continuously for several months.

11 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Make Skype for Business Mac Work just like the Windows Edition

I cannot see my entire contact list (maintained in Outlook for Mac) and therefore, cannot initiate a Skype for Business chat with anyone in my contacts.

I was able to do this with a Skype for Business on Windows.

226 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Oh - I am SO SAD to have been forced to *upgrade* to the new Skype - the old one was SO MUCH BETTER.

Now, I cannot keep an eye on multiple chats, the 'full screen' only works to a certain extent and you have to ALWAYS click 'float' to make it truly full screen. What have they done and why? I loved having different windows for my chats and being able to see who was online at the same time. I guess that after 20 years of great service, it's time to find a new solution - I guess good things really don't last forever.... I mean, even the drop down box to enter this comment doesn't have a relevant category for PC…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Add a preference toggle to disable emoji

Add a toggle in preferences to disable automatic emoji. It is impossible to share accurate technical strings of text for copy/paste in the current release if they have been auto translated to emoji. This missing feature sent me back to Lync, so it gets all 3 of my votes.

1,109 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      79 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Improve Font Rendering on non-Retina Displays

Skype for Business on Mac seems to use a different method to anti-alias fonts used in messages on non-Retina displays from all other Office apps, because the text of conversations looks like garbage on non-Retina displays. Please switch it to just do whatever you're doing font rendering-wise in OneNote, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Or, even the same as the contacts list view, since that looks fine too.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Would like the option to merge conversation from the same user.

Under file>preferences there is nothing to allow for the option of combining or merging conversations. I often have multiple chats with the same person through the day, but they also often close the chat window that they have on their end. They use a Windows box for their Skype.

2,510 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      206 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. What a pierce of ****

What a piece of ****.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Please allow Mac users to disable the VERY ANNOYING and startling startup sound

I have no idea why some product manager thought it would be useful to play a loud noise when Skype starts, but please allow us to turn the **** thing off. Apparently you can do this in the Windows version but not Mac. Or just do away with it entirely -- what purpose could it possibly serve??

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Fix Connectivity

Since the last update or 2 connectivity is horrendous. Constantly losing connection and often have to kill the app to restart. If this was not our enterprise std would have dumped it a while ago.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Invalid Missed Conversation Notifications

Skype constantly says I've missed messages that I've already read but just didn't click on the message box. It should be able to detect the different between the user just not clicking on the message versus being actually away from the machine and missing the message. I get a lot of junk emails generated as a result of missing "thanks" and "see ya" type messages, so at the very least making an option to turn off this functionality would be helpful.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. High CPU Usage

Skype for Business (Mac) is eating an enourmous amount of CPU at idle (17.8-50%+) and even more when in a call. I cannot deploy this to laptop users in my department as their fans stay on at all times. Please optimize. On a side note, thanks for the file transfer ability!

355 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      69 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Record Skype meeting in Mac

The record meeting feature is only available on PC version

48 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Get rid of SFB start up sound.

No app, ever, anywhere, under any circumstance, should have an unsuppressible sound at start up. If you think about it for only a few moments, you'll understand why this is an absolute no-no. Please get rid of it ASAP! Thanks.

14 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. BToE support for audiocodes

I would like to see support for BToE on the MAC Skype for Business client.

16 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Remove the HDMI pop-up

Hi guys,

I've started getting a "switch to HDMI" pop-up, really often, while using Skype for business.

Could we make the pop-up optional?

Many Thanks,

~Robert.

45 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Show me as away when my computer has been idle for this many minutes

Add the option Show me as Away when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. This option already exists for the windows version. Currently the default on the Mac version is 5 min and would like to be able to adjust that.

1,312 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      70 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Very slow to restore connection

I have constant issues with Skype for mac not able to reconnect after I resume my mac. Even if it is in the same place. It is often quicker to kill Skype and restart it than to wait for it to restore server connection. I get email notifications from outlook instantly it seems so it is not an issue with the actual IP connectivity.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Skype for Business Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base