• Feedback by UserVoice
  • How can we improve our recently released features?

DTMF doesn't work for dialing extensions when adding someone to a Skype meeting

DTMF doesn't work for dialing extensions when adding someone to a Skype meeting. This works fine for adding folks to an audio only call (cloud pbx with pstn calling), but when you add people to a Skype for Business meeting, you can dial a direct number just fine, but are unable to navigate an auto attendant with the keypad. The key presses don't register with the auto attendant.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob Bruce shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same issue for several months. After a laborious but fruitful exchange with Skype Support (Virtual Assistant, subsequent email exchanges with several Skype Support people, Remote Desktop Control, etc!) the support team eventually figured out that there is an issue with the Subtitles Function. They have now updated the FAQ here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34713/faq-and-known-issues-with-skype

When making a call and using the Dial Pad to select the option for Touch Tones, they will not work if you have subtitles enabled on the call.

To workaround this issue simply disable subtitles: Select your profile picture > Settings > Calling > Call Subtitles, then turn off the option to Show subtitles for all voice and video calls.

Note: If you don't have the option turned on to Show subtitles for all voice and video calls but have turned subtitles on for an individual call, starting a new call with your contact will resolve this issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be fixed. I am using my iPhone as a workaround. I'd rather use the software I'm currently paying for to do something it should be able to do.

• jason g trompeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this issue as well. Its very frustrating especially if in a vid conf and you need to use DTMF. Anyone find a 3rd party app that would push DTMF thru the mic / Skype call somehow?

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work around is to call first AA number, navigate, place on hold, call second AA number, navigate and then merge the calls. It's not ideal, but it works. The issue is that when you add someone, unlike a traditional PBX that does a 3 way call, in Skype, it's escalates to a Conference Call which isn't going to respect DTMF to allow for the *6 function to mute dial in callers and prevent someone from flooding the call with DTMF tones. So what we should be asking for is the ability to do 3-way calling and not have it escalate to a conference.

• Steve Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also cannot use a S4B client with PSTN calling to create an autodial to external bridges as in the following dial string: 18005555555,,,123456#. Where an external bridge number is dialed (18005555555), followed by pauses (,,,) and then by a conference access code (123456#).

Is there any chance this can be remedied so external bridges can be accessed without using the keypad to enter the access code?

• Robin Frousheger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case was: I needed to dial-out to an external conference bridge and enter the conference ID there, but couldn't.

Feedback and Knowledge Base