• Feedback by UserVoice
  • How can we improve our recently released features?

login sound

URGENT: How can I turn off the login sound?

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is some stupid ****. Skype for Business Mac is the worst app I've ever used. I hope the developers hate themselves as much as I hate this app.

It's like you're forcing us to advertise for your product every time we start the application. We're paying customers. Remove this sound altogether and find another way to market your app before we just give up and switch to another product.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please disable this! Not only is the sound pointless and annoying, but it has no place in a "business" app.

Please, please turn this off...or at least let me choose to turn it off. I still want notification sounds or I'd block all sound for the app.

Please allow Mac users to turn off the Skype start-up sound. It has no use, disturbs others, and is distracting during meetings.

Please make this stop. I like the functionality of the product, but there are other products with similar features that do not have the embarrassing log-in sound.

Y'all screwed up with this one. It's not only annoying, it sometimes really startles me. So fun to start a business meeting with that wide-eyed, am-I-going-to-die look. My clients love that.

• Ola Friis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
          Skype for business has a very annoying feature, apparently not possible to turn off.
          The Login sound. It is beyond annoying. Please let us users have the possibility to turn this hurtful feature off.
          Please Do Not be arrogant to your users. Rethink.

I REALLY REALLY need to be able to turn off the start up sound on Mac OS X. I am in an office with two other people and the sound plays every time I lock and then unlock my screen. It is very distracting to my office mates. This is also a very old behavior for an application.

Please make it so the startup sound can be turned off, makes me sound like a 12 year old in my open office.

PLEASE LET US DISABLE THE STARTUP SOUND. THIS IS NOT FEASIBLE IN OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT WITH CUBICLES AND WE WANT TO USE SKYPE MORE. THE RESULT IS WE END UP USING SKYPE LESS.

• Tighe Kuykendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you release this without the ability to disable the startup sound? Please provide a setting so it can be disabled.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE - give an option for turning off the login sound. It's like a software version of flying with RyanAir. WHO signed this off as a feature requirement in the first place!!!???

• Nick Iannotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the option to turn off startup and shutdown sounds. This seems like a no-brainer. My open-seated office and I thank you for your consideration!

• Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove this annoying startup sound on Mac. extremely frustrating that you cannot configure this.

• Jørgen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get rid of the sound, no need for a setting, and no need for the sound.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My general volume is muted and once I start Skype, I get the SignIn tone at full volume - absolutely inacceptable ! Please, let us switch it off or make the app adapting to the system volume level.

• USRaider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying if rebooting in meetings.

As with so many things I can do this in Skype on OSX ... why not SfB where it is even more important.

Feedback and Knowledge Base