• Feedback by UserVoice
  • How can we improve our recently released features?

login sound

URGENT: How can I turn off the login sound?

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Tom Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Funny, I did exactly the same thing as Robin. Sadly, every time Skype gets a software update, I have to do it again. Hmmm maybe I can disable updates..?

• Robin R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. in the meantime I resorted to a hacky workaround (disclaimer:don't try this at home) by switching out SFB_Login_01.m4a for a less offensive sound in the sounds folder in the app container (needs that file to be present else it crashes on startup).

• JMTee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my voice to the choir asking you to enable the silencing/turning off of the start up sound of SfB, thank you.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype should not adjust my volume setting on my mac ever. I should be doing that on my own. Same thing goes for your android apps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on - why cant we disable these stupid noises.. its a not a toy and we are not children.

Quite ridiculous to over-ride user preferences and make a pointless sound.
          Is MS doing this deliberately to annoy its customers?
          I don't know of any other application that does this.

Please add a control to mute this incredibly annoying sound. I have my entire laptop muted for working in a professional office environment. The lack of a mute feature completely negates that, and disturbs others. Thank you.

• no commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only can you not turn off the sound; if you have muted macOS audio before starting Skype for Business, Skype will unmute your audio settings to about 20% just to make sure you hear this infernal sound. Stop adjusting my audio settings for me! I didn't ask you to do that!

• Kathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If all other sounds are muted or going through a headset, so should this! It's a pointless sound and should not play through my external speakers if nothing else is. There should be an option to turn it off!

This is some stupid ****. Skype for Business Mac is the worst app I've ever used. I hope the developers hate themselves as much as I hate this app.

It's like you're forcing us to advertise for your product every time we start the application. We're paying customers. Remove this sound altogether and find another way to market your app before we just give up and switch to another product.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please disable this! Not only is the sound pointless and annoying, but it has no place in a "business" app.

Please, please turn this off...or at least let me choose to turn it off. I still want notification sounds or I'd block all sound for the app.

Please allow Mac users to turn off the Skype start-up sound. It has no use, disturbs others, and is distracting during meetings.

Please make this stop. I like the functionality of the product, but there are other products with similar features that do not have the embarrassing log-in sound.

Y'all screwed up with this one. It's not only annoying, it sometimes really startles me. So fun to start a business meeting with that wide-eyed, am-I-going-to-die look. My clients love that.

• Ola Friis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
          Skype for business has a very annoying feature, apparently not possible to turn off.
          The Login sound. It is beyond annoying. Please let us users have the possibility to turn this hurtful feature off.
          Please Do Not be arrogant to your users. Rethink.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base