• Feedback by UserVoice
  • How can we improve our recently released features?

Allow setting fixed or static Conference ID on a per user basis

Allow setting fixed or static Conference ID on a per user basis.
    Either make it a selection box in the Admin Portal UI or via PowerShell.
    Some users like having only one ID to distribute to meeting attendees.
    Easier for them to schedule meetings in advance or for impromptu if the ID is constant.

741 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Forrest shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Richanda Bryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is an absolute must. We understand the concept behind dynamic ids but the inconvenience is just too great. We'll explore other options until this feature is restored.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very Important feature as I schedule hundreds of meetings in outlook and use templates. Having the ID change each time I add Skype requires changing the template and adds the possibility of error. Also, many people join remotely and have the ID memorized (no longer possible).

WHY is not a feature? Cmon! We should be able to set this to STATIC. This is a feature of EVERY other conferencing service.

• dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just signed up for the 90 day trial and within 2 days my users started asking about static ID's. What !? they took those away? Back to Intercall I go and when MS cuts off 3rd party i guess Skype will take a back burner to audio only conferences. I thought MS wanted people to use their products not scare them away.

• Gary Helton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have tried both and by far the static ID works best for our users especially when they have reoccurring meetings and they make modifications to those meeting.

Please add static ID like most conferencing tool have. Idealy give the choice at user level for static or dynamic.
          Static ID is more useful and easy to implement than dynamic ID therefore there is no reason dynamic ID should remain unless it was designed to get users mad at Skype for Business and select a more user-friendly conferencing tool

• Greg Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you have regular international participants from non-English speaking countries it adds a level of complexity to PBX Conferencing when each meeting they call in for has a different Conference ID from the same person. In addition by having Static conference codes, each user can have their 'own' live line and can just quickly get people on a call and not have to go through the process of creating a meeting and scheduling.

Where does anyone see the ability to set it through Powershell? The following note is in Microsoft Docs (Link referenced below):

If your conferencing provider is Microsoft, your users' conference IDs are set to Dynamic Only by default. Unfortunately, there's no ability to change it in the Skype for Business Admin Center or using Windows Powershell to become static, as this is now unsupported. Conference IDs are only automatically set only for Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams users enabled for Audio Conferencing.

In https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/audio-conferencing-in-office-365/reset-a-conference-id-for-a-user

Please add this as an option. We just cancelled our audioconferencing with you, because this is the 21st century, and I don't want to use Powershell to manipulate a function that should be a core feature. I'm running a small business, and don't have time for this hack.

The powershell command worked for me, however, it does not show up in the meeting in invite. You can still create a static conference ID and use it with the local number. In essence, you can give everyone a separate ID for conf calls outside of Skype. If they use Skype (probably to share screens), they can use the dynamic one or remove it and put in the static one. The leaders PIN works for both.

Looking into the MS service myself, and I can't believe this isn't available. Especially with MS announcing they will no longer support 3rd party audio conferencing starting in 2019.

• jts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done, you need to do it through the Powershell. If won't set it for a meeting in the calendar, but you can use it for an audio conference.

We really want this at BNZ so that we can stop paying another vendor for a service we know we want MS to offer

• RMJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least allow admins to choose between static or dynamic for an entire tenant - this is no longer possible.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base